The Irvine Park Railroad’s pumpkin patch is now open and we were so excited to go visit. I have to say, this pumpkin patch is definitely one of the best in Orange County. The setting is just stunning, the activities are endless,and this year, the pumpkins are just amazing. And it doesn’t matter if you are on a budget or not, I promise, you will have a fantastic family outing. Check out all the fun activities that the whole family can enjoy.
Activities at the pumpkin patch:
Thousands of pumpkins to choose from. Cost: $4-$27.
The train ride is definitely a favorite of most toddlers and preschoolers. The train is a one-third scale train that takes both children and adults on a scenic, 12-minute ride through the 477-acre park. Cost: $5/person, 12 months and younger are free.
Panning for gold. Children will have 5 minutes to find “gold”. This is one of my kids favorite activities. Cost: $10.
Hay Ride: 20-minutes hay wagon ride through the park. Cost: $5.
Pumpkin Ring Toss: everyone wins a prize. Cost: $5.
John Deere Tractor Racers. Drive a motorized tractor for 5 minutes. Ages 5-8. Cost: $5.
Cookie Decorating. I like this activity because the cookie is giant and you can decorate it with as much frosting and sprinkles that you want. So you don’t have to worry about taking a snack with you :). Cost: $5.
Face Painting. They do an incredible job! Cost: $10.
Carnival Games. I also like this activity. It doesn’t last long since the kids only play two carnival games, but everyone wins a prize which the kids love! Cost: $5.
Bank a Ball. Everyone wins a prize! Cost: $5.
For the activities above, you need to purchase tickets ($5 each ticket). If you buy a book of 15 tickets you get $15 off. Also make sure to subscribe to their newsletter here to get lots of exclusive offers.
Free Activities at the pumpkin patch:
- Walk through the pumpkin patch. If you have a toddler, they will probably just love to run around, touch the pumpkins, and look at the Halloween displays.
- Run through a giant hay maze. I am a pro in getting my kids to enjoy free activities like this!
- Check out lots of great picture stands and rustic spots for fun family pictures.
- Walk through the haunted house. If you can, check it out first before sending your kids in there. My kids were really scared when they were younger :).
- Download and color a Halloween coloring page before your visit. Bring it to the train station to receive a sweet treat!
Free Activities within walking distance from the pumpkin patch:
- Look at the horses on the right side of the train station.
- Feed the ducks at the lake.
- Visit the interpretive center which has lots of neat stuff to explore. Open weekends only.
- Go for a peacock “hunt”. There are tons of peacocks walking around the park. My kids and I love to go search for them.
- What else? Bring a picnic, enjoy one of the four playgrounds in the park, bring bikes and ride around the park, or go for a hike.
More activities within walking distance from the pumpkin patch:
- Visit the OC Zoo which is fantastic and really economical. Cost: $2 (children 2 and under are free).
- Ride a horse or a pony. Cost: $5.
- Rent bicycles (you know those that fit 6 people): Cost:$10 (kids bike) to $35 (for 4-5 people). Prices are per hour.
- Rent paddle boats: Cost: $15 for 1/2 hour (it fits two adults and one child or one adult and two children).
Parking is $5 on weekends and $3 on weekdays (Tuesdays parking is free if you tell them you are going to the Farmer’s market, 9am-1pm).
Open 7 days a week until October 31st, 2017.
Weekends: 10am – 6pm
1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA, 92869