Mud slides, raft on a pond, build a fort? Your kids will love this. I visited the Adventure Playground several times and my kids loved the adventure. Here is some information that you might need before heading there:
- Everybody must be wearing closed-toe tennis shoes.
- Make sure to bring a change of clothes and a change of shoes for the kids and yourself. Also, bring towels. Everyone will be completely dirty and wet after this fun outing.
- The suggested age is 5-12, but I took my girl when she was two and she had a blast. But if you go with a young child, get ready to go in the mud as well (see picture).
- The Huntington Beach Central Library is right next to the Adventure Playground. In fact they share the same parking lot. So you might want to stop at the library afterwards or just before. They offer toddler story time on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday, and Saturdays and preschool story time on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- The Shipley Nature Center is also close by, probably a 3 minute drive. You can go for a great walk or visit their great interpretive center. Just keep in mind that they close at 1pm.
7111 Talbert Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA, 92648
Open from June 18 through August 18, 2017
$3 per kid. Cash only!