What an incredible experience! I thought rock climbing was mainly for adults but I definitely changed my mind after visiting Sender City, an amazing indoor interactive climbing center for kids. Adults can climb with their kids as well, and let me just say, you need to try this place out. You get to climb letters, ladders, turning wheels, buildings and even a glow-in-the-dark tunnel.
And to challenge your fear of heights, you can try reach for a punching bag suspended twenty feet above the ground.
Or you can try their giant slide where you hold on to a handle bar and get pulled up higher and higher until you let go. It gave me a major adrenaline rush and to be honest with you I didn’t dare to try it a second time :).
We had such an amazing time. It was incredible to watch my 5 year old climb these high walls with no fear and my 8 year old son jump off the high tower with no hesitation. I have to say it is one of the best family outings we have had this year! I totally recommend it.
What You Should Know:
- Climbers must weigh between 35 and 300 lbs.
- You need to arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your reservation.
- You will sweat, I promise, so wear comfortable clothing.
- Pants are recommended.
- You need to sign a waiver before entering the facility. I suggest you fill it out online at home, so you don’t have to worry about it when you get there.
- You need to wear closed toe shoes. No back sole shoes. No climbing shoes.
- Each session is 1 hour long.
$25 per person for a 1 hour session.
$15 for night sessions (7pm-8pm).
Right now you can purchase a 1 hour session at Sender City for only $17.50 for one child or $31 for two children. Click here to get the deal. (affiliate)
1441 South Village Way
Santa Ana, CA, 92705
Climbing a glow in the dark tunnel
Playing games while climbing
Race time while climbing