If you love Trader Joe’s, then you’ll go ga-ga for the new grocery exhibit at Pretend City. It’s exactly like a real Trader Joe’s, only it’s kid-sized! You’ll recognize the colorful chalkboard displays and wooden shelves stocked with Trader Joe’s branded products. Don’t we wish our kids were always this excited to grocery shop?
- It looks just like Trader Joe’s with wooden shelves and check-out stands!
- Kid-sized shopping carts, so your children can shop for their own groceries
- Stocked with Trader Joe’s branded items…Joe’s O’s anyone?
- Bright and colorful chalkboard displays just like the store
- Kids can wear crew member Hawaiian shirts and look just like a TJ’s employee
Know Before You Go:
- There are special events and visitors during the exhibit. Check the calendar of events on the website for more information. On the second Friday of every month, you can get 2-for-1 admission during Way to Play Days.
- Pretend City is a nut-free facility, so choose your snacks carefully. They also have a few vending machines with lots of variety, including some healthier options.
- There is a water play area, so you may want to bring a change of clothes if your child loves to splash.
- Parking is free. There are about 20 spots in front of the museum that fill fast, as well as overflow parking behind the building. Follow the signs for parking.
Admission is $12.50 for children and adults (Infants 12 months and younger are free). Yearly Memberships are available.
29 Hubble, Irvine CA 92618
Hours of Operation: Mondays 10am-1pm, Tuesday-Saturday 10 am-5 pm, Sunday 11 am-5 pm.
About the Author:
Amy and her husband have to boys 2 and 5. She loves to find fun places to keep her active guys busy! Parks, beaches and special events are on her top list of things to do with her family.