It is apple season and I can’t wait to take my kids to Oak Glen to pick some delicious apples. I don’t know if you have ever taken your family here, but let me tell you, it is a magical place and there are tons of things to do with the kids. On our last visit we picked apples at the Riley apple farm, then we made our own cider and lastly we saw a pirate show in town which was completely free and really entertaining.
They also have tons of other activities such as hayrides, archery, knife throwing, toy making, butter churning, petting zoos, and so much more!
Note that this activity is not on my website since it is not in Orange County, but I wanted to share it with you because it is one of my favorite family outings for this time of the year.
Click here to find information about Oak Glen. You can then click on Ranches/Farms on the left side to see all the U-Pick options.
- Make sure you check the farm website before heading to Oak Glen to check on the crop condition and availability.
- Bring jackets, just in case. I went at the beginning of October last year and in the shade it was cold, probably 60 degrees. But it is probably much warmer right now.
- The free pirate show used to be at the Parrish pioneer ranch at 12:00pm and 2pm every Sunday. From their website it seems that the pirate show is still going on this year, but I can’t vouch for that.
- Click here is to see a map of Oak Glen so you can find things easily.
- To give you an itinerary idea, last year I left Irvine around 8:30am and got there at 9:40am. We stopped at the Riley’s Apple farm, picked apples, then made apple cider. At 12pm we saw the pirate show, then went to eat and then headed back.
- I was told that the Snow-Line orchard opens at 9am and makes delicious hot fresh apple donuts and hot apple cider. Perfect for breakfast.