We visited as a guest of Pirate’s Dinner Adventure
Now through December 25th, Pirates Dinner Adventure presents “Pirates take Christmas”, a unique interactive dining experience starring a jovial Santa, a talented singer Mrs. Claus, elf the acrobat, and half a dozen skillful pirates who will perform incredible stunts and acrobatics.
I have to say that this version of the show was my favorite. The 18th-century Spanish galleon was all decked out with holiday lights, and the atmosphere was very festive and jolly.
The pre-show area contains a bar and a gift shop. Around 30 minutes before the show, the stars of the show will make their way to the stage and perform briefly before inviting the guests to enter the main room. Appetizers will be served at this time.
The show was amazing with sword fights, incredible stunt performances, great singing, special effects, aerial acrobatics, and a lots of hilarious gags.
This show has a lot of audience participation! My daughter along with another 10+ kids were picked to go on stage to be sworn in as pirates and I was picked to raise a flag during a pirate competition. Some kids were picked to sail a boat around the lagoon, and others to cheer for the pirates. Adults also had their share of special parts in the show.
Enjoy a fresh garden salad with house dressing or a vegetable soup. The entree for adults was roasted chicken, shrimp and vegetable skewers, buttery mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables. Tres leches cake drizzled with chocolate or a strawberry Slushie for dessert. Soft drinks and coffee are also included. The child meal includes Breaded Chicken Nuggets with Mashed Potatoes, Mac n’Cheese, and Fruit (Melon Mix). Vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free meals are also available upon request.
After the show:
After dinner and the holiday show, every guest is invited to “get up close and personal” with the stars of the show through photo opportunities and autographs.
Know Before You Go:
- There were sword fights and some gun shots, but in general the show was not scary and suitable for a younger audience.
- The doors open 90 minutes before the show time printed on your ticket. During this time you check-in and get the opportunity to buy a bandana ($3) or a flag ($4) in a preassigned color. This color will determine which pirate you are going to cheer for.
- One hour before the show they will serve free appetizers. If you don’t care for appetizers, you don’t need to get there so early, but I would advise to arrive at least 30 minutes earlier to enjoy a fun pre-show.
- Note that seating is pre-assigned when you make reservations so you don’t have to worry about getting there early to get the best seat.
Rates and Discounts for PlanADayOut Readers:
- Now, through December 30th, 2017, PlanADayOut readers can use the discount code DAYOUTXMAS to get a BOGO deal*. So you buy a ticket and you get the second one for free! The normal rates are $61.95 for adults and $36.95 for children ages 3-11.
- Remember, ages 2 and under are always free if the child is seated on the lap of a parent and shares a meal.
- Parking is free.
To buy your discounted tickets you need to call 866-439-2469 and mention the code DAYOUTXMAS. The code will not work online. Don’t forget to let them know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- DAYOUTXMAS fine print: Offer valid for general admission only. Not valid with any other promotion, discount, or group reservation. Tax and fees not included. Gratuity not included and will be charged for parties of 10 or more. Subject to availability. Reservations required. Discount valid through 12/30/17.
Pirates Dinner Adventure
7600 Beach Boulevard
Buena Park, CA 90620
Now through December 25th, daily