This blog post might contain affiliate links.
Did you know that you can go snow tubing by driving just an hour from Irvine? Last week I went to check out Mt Baldy with my family, and we had a blast. We drove for about 30 freeway minutes (with no traffic) and then drove about 30 minutes up the mountain. Right now, there is a Groupon deal for Mt Baldy tubing that saves you a lot of money.
Know Before You Go:
- To get to the snow tubing area you need to ride a chairlift, so take this into account if you are afraid of heights.
- Sessions are sold on a first come first served basis so get there early in the morning to ensure you will be able to snow tube. Start times: 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm.
- Tubes are provided.
- Wear appropriate snow clothes and boots so that you can stay dry in the snow.
- Mt. Baldy doesn’t have moving carpets, so after you go down the hill, you have to walk back up!
- New for 2018: Participants must be at least 40″ tall to participate.
Regular price for adults: $45 at Mt Baldy, starting at $25 online.
Regular price for kids over 40″: $35 at Mt. Baldy and starting at $21 online.
Parking: $5 cash (for 2017. Not sure if the cost has changed this year)
Right now there is a Groupon deal, for only $25 a person or $42 for two. After purchasing the Groupon, you must activate the voucher ahead of time. When you arrive, they will have your name on their list. There is no internet service when you arrive, so you must do this from home. The Groupon includes a 20 minute scenic ride to the top of the mountain, and 90 minutes of tubing. Tubing sessions are on a first come, first served basis!
Tubing sessions are on a first come, first served basis for the following start times: 8:30am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm
Must be 40″ to go tubing. I didn’t see them measure anyone, and some kids looked shorter, but this is what they have posted.
About the Author
Michelle and her husband have one daughter, Juliette, 4. Michelle serves at The Children’s pastor at The Crossing Church. Michelle loves taking Juliette on adventures in Orange County! When she has time, she loves to make videos to capture the memories that they create so that they can enjoy them for a lifetime.